Tuesday, January 28, 2014

10. Acceleread Intermediate Course Lesson 1

Immediately after my successful completion of the Beginner Course in Acceleread, I move on to the Intermediate Course.  The intro to Lesson 1 reminds me of the Lesson 1 to the Beginner Course: emphasis on technique not comprehension, etc.  Here were the exercises:

Word Flash: Ranging from 631-730 WPM with 2-word chunks, it felt very quick!  Hard to keep up, but not impossible.  I sometimes read a Thomas Jefferson letter at Spreeder.com starting at 1000 WPM and still follow all right.

Columns Highlighter: That felt insanely fast!  It started at 578 WPM and ended around 640 WPM, but because there were just three columns of only a word or two each, my eyes really had to blitz to keep up.  Whoo!

Word Flash again at 681-754 WPM.  I can keep up with the story!

Columns Highlighter once more: 627 652

A really odd thing with this lesson's Columns Highlighter is that, because of the speed and my level of concentration, my eyes flick back and forth, and I don't see the motion of the columns scrolling up hardly at all.  Just the back and forth darker text highlighting from left to right almost like the red lights on KITT from Knight Rider.

Word Flash one more time, 631-760 WPM.  This is getting fun!


I look forward to Lesson 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment